These pulled chicken sliders are amazingly juicy and tender. Slow cooked for hours and covered in your favorite barbecue sauce in between two slider buns.
I know, this is a slow cooker recipe on a site for grilling, smoking, and everything Q’… but it has meat and it’s delicious. Pulled pork can take 12 hours and a lot of effort, but sometimes you want the pulled tender meat without the fuss and you might be looking for a slightly leaner option.
Super Easy – Lets Go
Chop up some onions and evenly lay them at the bottom of the crock pot.
Lay on the chicken breasts, the salt and pepper, and half of the BBQ sauce.
That’s all the prep! Now turn the slow cooker on HIGH, and let cook for 2 hours. Once 2 hours is up, we are going to drop the temperature down to LOW for another 2 hours.
Once time is up, pull/separate the chicken breasts using two forks. Put the chicken back into the cooker and stir around with the sauce. You’ll be amazed at how fast the chicken soaks up all the juice in the slow cooker. Give it a taste, do you want more sauce? If so, slowly add more.
Cook for an additional 20 – 30 minutes on LOW.
Tong (these OXO ones from Amazon are great) out the pulled chicken onto some buns/sliders. I like to add a little vinegar (I’m old school like that).
Pulled Chicken – Crock Pot
- Crock Pot
- 1 pound Chicken Breast
- 1 each Onion Red or White or Yellow
- ½ cup Your favorite BBQ Sauce (approximate)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slider Buns
- Layer Onions evenly across the bottom of the crock pot. Layer chicken breasts on top. Cover in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour ¼ cup of barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Turn Crock pot on HIGH for 2 hours. After 2 hours, set Crock pot on LOW for 2 hours.
- After a total of 4 hours of cook time, remove chicken breasts and pull using two forks until the breasts are a nice shredded consistency.
- Return chicken with remaining barbecue sauce to crock pot. Add any additional barbecue sauce to your taste. Cook for another 30 min and serve!